Monday, September 04, 2006

The Water Treatment

I finished spinning the yarn I bought from Spunky Eclectic in the Sangria colorway. It's my first attempt at spinning. How exciting! I used the water treatment described in Spinning the Old Way by Priscilla A. Gibson-Roberts. I'll be winding this up to make a Booga Bag from Black Sheep Bags. I can't wait - I think it will felt up great!

We're still in shock today with the news about Steve Irwin. The Rowingcat (RC) daughter is pretty torn up about it. But she has her first Volleyball practice tomorrow!

Here's the yarn before the water bath.



Here's the yarn after the bath, spin drying and hanging for final drying.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi!! nice blog! BeUtiful socks! Go Team!!!!!!! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha

Anonymous said...

Yo!!!
Dude, I cant last 1 min. knitting but I
LOVE
those
SOCKS!!!!!
Your technic on stewing yarn is AWESOME and thanks to you I want to learn!!!!!
Thanks!!!
:)

Anonymous said...

Loki needs a dictionary! sorry about that...