About Me

My photo

I live in beautiful Saratoga Springs, NY.  I have a husband who is a masters rower and a daughter obsessed with all things Japanese.  I'm a knitter and a spinner!  When I spin too much yarn I list it on my Etsy shop www.saratogaspinning.etsy.com.
My husband is also a master metalsmith and creates wonderful wrought iron wine racks displayed at www.oldworldwinerackdesigns.com.

I am a volunteer for the AFS student exchange program.  http://www.afs.org/
 
I'm saratogaknitting on Ravelry, llenz5743 Twitter and Lisa Lenz Lessard on Facebook and llenz57843 on Pinterest!  Come say hello!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Ice Storm

We had an ice storm Sunday that continued into Monday. Crazy weather - lots of people are still without power. Luckily, ours never went out. I thought I'd share a photo of the tree in our front yard and a closeup of the grass. I'm not sure when it's going to melt because the temp is not going above freezing for a few more days. The tree looks a little different than it did with all of its beautiful red leaves!




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had heard the weather was awful. I have never seen an ice storm in person, but in pictures they look so beautiful. Glad your power didn't go out. :)

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures...no pun intended...ha!

It's sad that the winter weather is finally upon us...I was getting used to the unseasonably warm weather.

Jane said...

Hi - I fell into your blog and I am thrilled to see you live near my old stomping grounds. We just moved south to Maryland a few years ago from the Berkshires.
I was wondering what pattern you used for the fingerless gloves that you posted on December 26th?
Thanks.