About Me

My photo

I live in beautiful Saratoga Springs, NY.  I have a husband who is a masters rower and a daughter obsessed with all things Japanese.  I'm a knitter and a spinner!  When I spin too much yarn I list it on my Etsy shop www.saratogaspinning.etsy.com.
My husband is also a master metalsmith and creates wonderful wrought iron wine racks displayed at www.oldworldwinerackdesigns.com.

I am a volunteer for the AFS student exchange program.  http://www.afs.org/
 
I'm saratogaknitting on Ravelry, llenz5743 Twitter and Lisa Lenz Lessard on Facebook and llenz57843 on Pinterest!  Come say hello!

Friday, September 17, 2010

Howdy!

What have you all been up to???  I've been taking a break, but now I'm back!  My biggest news is that the Rowing Cat spent 6 weeks in Japan this summer with the AFS program. 

She had an incredible time and met some wonderful friends.  What an experience!  I was soooo jealous :-)



From 2010-08-06

Here she is in her host mom's Summer Kimono - great color!

From 2010-08-06
They had a cooking demonstration class with all of the students and their host families.


Making Takoyaki at her host family's apartment! 


 Look for some knitting here this weekend!

1 comment:

knittingknirvana said...

Welcome back!!

Six weeks in Japan??? AMAZING!!!