About Me

My photo

I live in beautiful Saratoga Springs, NY.  I have a husband who is a masters rower and a daughter obsessed with all things Japanese.  I'm a knitter and a spinner!  When I spin too much yarn I list it on my Etsy shop www.saratogaspinning.etsy.com.
My husband is also a master metalsmith and creates wonderful wrought iron wine racks displayed at www.oldworldwinerackdesigns.com.

I am a volunteer for the AFS student exchange program.  http://www.afs.org/
 
I'm saratogaknitting on Ravelry, llenz5743 Twitter and Lisa Lenz Lessard on Facebook and llenz57843 on Pinterest!  Come say hello!

Saturday, September 18, 2010

Spinning Spinning

I've been  doing some spinning now that the weather has cooled down a bit.  I decided to pull out the green alpaca that I bought last year at Rhinebeck.  Finally!  It was soooo wonderful to spin - soft like butter.  





I'm planning to ply it with the remainder of my chocolate brown llama fiber from Saratoga LLamas.  I think it will be a beautiful mix - what do you think?  The Rowing Cat is already coveting the yarn to come!



This is a beautiful merino spun with KnitPicks Palette yarn.  This is destined to be a Christmas hat and mitts for a certain niece of mine ;-)



Here are my latest socks made with Shibui Sock Yarn.  I have another pair started - you can never be without a pair of socks on the needles!

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Lovely! Just in time for Worldwide Spin in Public Day!
So nice to see you back in the blogosphere.

Silja said...

I love the brown llama fiber you spun! I just spun some llama on a dropspindle and I really like it :)

onemorerow.net said...

Good to see you back!

Your spinning looks lovely! Alpacas are soft to pet, I can't imagine how nice it is to spin. :)

I just picked up my first Shibui sock yarn anxious to knit with it.