About Me

My photo

I live in beautiful Saratoga Springs, NY.  I have a husband who is a masters rower and a daughter obsessed with all things Japanese.  I'm a knitter and a spinner!  When I spin too much yarn I list it on my Etsy shop www.saratogaspinning.etsy.com.
My husband is also a master metalsmith and creates wonderful wrought iron wine racks displayed at www.oldworldwinerackdesigns.com.

I am a volunteer for the AFS student exchange program.  http://www.afs.org/
 
I'm saratogaknitting on Ravelry, llenz5743 Twitter and Lisa Lenz Lessard on Facebook and llenz57843 on Pinterest!  Come say hello!

Sunday, March 30, 2008

What The Heck Is That?

What the heck is this??? The Rowing Cat has a project due on Thursday. Her class is reading The Hobbit this semester. They have to create one of the characters using a potato (a potato!) They have to set up a scene in a shoe box. So off to AC Moore we went today. She was having quite a lot of fun putting this together this afternoon. However, my dining room table still looks like this . . . Notice the white roving being used for Thorin's beard . . . !

I finished the spring colors roving! I split it in half and plied one with a white Kidsilk Haze and one half with some Moda Dea. The Moda Dea is fluffy, fluffy, fluffy. I think I'll be crocheting a small baby blanket with it. The other half will become a baby hat for the same little new one! I really had fun spinning this up and really like how different the two skeins feel!



2 comments:

Queen of the froggers said...

Your spinning looks lovely. I like the idea of plying with other yarns.

Jknits said...

That is so cool - It's amazing what a different look you get from them. Good luck with the Hobbit project - that's one not likely to be forgotten soon.
J