Monday, January 14, 2008

They're Off!!!

THEY ARE OFF!!! Finally the braces are off! It's been a long long road, but all worth it!

Some spinning,
some knitting,
and more knitting
and one FO! Well, almost - it still needs a button . . . ;-)


I've had fun this week! I have a Knitting calendar on my desk and two students ( I work at a college) asked if I was a knitter this week! And then one of the security guards surprised me by asking what I was knitting on at lunch. He said his grandmother was a knitter. And today, a Director of one of the other offices stopped me at lunch to say that she had no idea I was a knitter! So we talked yarn and patterns for a bit. And then I got an email today from my friend Jen letting me know that she knit a hat out of some of my handspun yarn. What a treat! I've never had anyone else knit anything from my yarn! What a wonderful feeling!

5 comments:

Linda said...

Hurray for the braces being gone! The spun yarn is a lovely colour combination.

Jknits said...

The teeth look great - I'm sure it's a huge relief.

Good job on spreading the knitterly goodness around - maybe it will lead to more converts.

Anonymous said...

Hi Lisa!

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog for the contest!

Congrats on the braces, too, that must feel wonderful.

And, nice spinning!

Jennifer

Unknown said...

I had braces for 2 years, I know the pain only to well. I still remember how good it felt to be able lick my teeth. I know that sounds odd, but anyone that has had braces would understand what I am talking about :)

Craftybernie said...

Congrats & well done on the braces!

My brother and I both had braces as teens, although they were the type that was attached to a plate thingy which sat behind your teeth. You couldn't realy see them but they did cause an interesting 'schlurping' sound when speaking.

Not the nicest experiences but I'm glad I stuck with it as it made a huge difference to my confidence.

Lovely spun wool.