About Me

My photo

I live in beautiful Saratoga Springs, NY.  I have a husband who is a masters rower and a daughter obsessed with all things Japanese.  I'm a knitter and a spinner!  When I spin too much yarn I list it on my Etsy shop www.saratogaspinning.etsy.com.
My husband is also a master metalsmith and creates wonderful wrought iron wine racks displayed at www.oldworldwinerackdesigns.com.

I am a volunteer for the AFS student exchange program.  http://www.afs.org/
 
I'm saratogaknitting on Ravelry, llenz5743 Twitter and Lisa Lenz Lessard on Facebook and llenz57843 on Pinterest!  Come say hello!

Monday, January 14, 2008

They're Off!!!

THEY ARE OFF!!! Finally the braces are off! It's been a long long road, but all worth it!

Some spinning,
some knitting,
and more knitting
and one FO! Well, almost - it still needs a button . . . ;-)


I've had fun this week! I have a Knitting calendar on my desk and two students ( I work at a college) asked if I was a knitter this week! And then one of the security guards surprised me by asking what I was knitting on at lunch. He said his grandmother was a knitter. And today, a Director of one of the other offices stopped me at lunch to say that she had no idea I was a knitter! So we talked yarn and patterns for a bit. And then I got an email today from my friend Jen letting me know that she knit a hat out of some of my handspun yarn. What a treat! I've never had anyone else knit anything from my yarn! What a wonderful feeling!

5 comments:

Queen of the froggers said...

Hurray for the braces being gone! The spun yarn is a lovely colour combination.

Jknits said...

The teeth look great - I'm sure it's a huge relief.

Good job on spreading the knitterly goodness around - maybe it will lead to more converts.

Jennifer said...

Hi Lisa!

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog for the contest!

Congrats on the braces, too, that must feel wonderful.

And, nice spinning!

Jennifer

Kylie said...

I had braces for 2 years, I know the pain only to well. I still remember how good it felt to be able lick my teeth. I know that sounds odd, but anyone that has had braces would understand what I am talking about :)

Craftybernie said...

Congrats & well done on the braces!

My brother and I both had braces as teens, although they were the type that was attached to a plate thingy which sat behind your teeth. You couldn't realy see them but they did cause an interesting 'schlurping' sound when speaking.

Not the nicest experiences but I'm glad I stuck with it as it made a huge difference to my confidence.

Lovely spun wool.