Sunday, September 23, 2007

Kittens, Daughters, Spinning and Knitting

Here are my two girls just hanging out on the floor! This crazy cat of ours loves, loves, loves to have her tummy rubbed - she just flops right down next to you and waits for the rubdown!

This week's spinning has been coming along beautifully. I love the striping effect. As I said in my last post, I'm experimenting with this by plying it with some laceweight.

I really like the effect I'm getting! This will be fun to knit up - probably into socks!


I've decided to start taking the bus to work - the fact that I can knit for an hour each way had nothing at all to do with that decision ;-) It seems to be working out pretty well. The bus is not crowded at all so I have two seats to myself. Pulling out my knitting was a little scary the first time - I don't really know why, but it was. I guess I'm just not used to knitting in public. So I took the plunge and started a sock with my latest yarn purchase. It's sKNITches superwash merino and is very very soft! The color is much brighter than shows here -bright turqoise, with brown and yellow. The Rowing Cat has claimed these as her own because she happens to have a headband in exactly these colors!


Two days on the bus and I'm on the cuff of the first sock - the pair should be completed by the end of this week! I can see the potential for lots of Christmas gifts being knit "on the road"!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good on you for taking the plunge to knit in public. I'm still very hesitant. :)

Linda said...

Well done on the bus knitting, a great use of travelling time. the sock colours are nice.

Holly Jo said...

Hooray for knitting in public! Super jealous you don't get sick in the bus. I can't knit in the car when we take road trips. :)

You buy the best sock yarn. :)

Macoco said...

Glad to hear that you're knitting in public! I love using my commute to work on knitted projects. It's a relaxing way to prepare for work and then a relaxing way to decompress from work. ;)