Sunday, September 09, 2007

Almost There!

Another busy week has gone by here. We had a family wedding just south of Boston last weekend, so Mark and I spent the weekend at his parents in Marblehead, MA. It was a nice little getaway except for the fact that my skin began reacting badly to the radiation at the end of the week. It happens. Nothing a little gin and tonic couldn't take the edge off! And, of course, school started. After much much discussion between the Rowing Cat and her best friend regarding what hairstyle to wear the first day, they both decided to just do nothing! I couldn't believe it! I mean, there was an ongoing discussion that lasted for WEEKS! It's really the only thing they have control over since they wear uniforms. I couldn't believe it!

It was a little cool here earlier this week, so I wore a pair of handknit socks to work! They were commented on by my co-workers. It turns out that one of the other women in the office lives on a farm and raises sheep! And she spins! We had a lovely discussion on the merits of our respective wheels - she's actually jealous of my Louet! She doesn't actually knit (horrors) but she does spin. She said she'd bring in some of her sheep fiber - in the grease though - that will be something different! And one of the other women asked if I would teach her how to knit - she said she's wanted to learn ever since a plane trip where she ended up sitting next to a woman knitting socks! How about that??!

Here are my Campanula socks almost done - I think I'll try to finish them today.

I just had to cast on for the Montego Bay Scarf. The SeaSilk really is something! Oh, the blue strip you see on the ball is a piece of painters tape to secure the end. It is slippery, slippery, slippery. In fact, the skein turned into one big know just as I was coming to the end while winding it. What an experience . . . I broke down and ordered a swift this week just because I don't want to go through that again . . .



And here's a slightly blurry picture of Spunky Eclectic fiber I'm getting ready to spin up!

I'm off to the grocery store so I can spend the rest of this rainy afternoon knitting and maybe watching the first episode of Torchwood!

2 comments:

Linda said...

I look forward to seeing the Montego bay scarf in progress. It is pretty.

Holly Jo said...

Wow! a co-worker with sheep? That is fantastic - you guys will definitely have to spin together. Can't wait to hear wait you think of spinning raw fleece. :)