Saturday, April 07, 2007

Guess What's Here!

Here it is in all its glory - the Louet wheel has arrived! It's currently residing in my Dad's garage receiving its coats of stain and poly. It's so hard to resist just putting together, but it has to be done right! I should be able to take it home this afternoon - now to decide what fiber to start with . . .




And the Rowing Cat picked up the needles once again this week! She decided to make a little shawl for one of her Webkins (anyone else's kids obsessing over these?) Look at those nice garter stitch rows and color changes! She said she just took yarn out of her "stash". So now we have TWO stashes in this house (THREE if you count the roving ;-)


My luxurious striped socks are finished and boy are they comfortable! I wore them all day yesterday! I've done some casting on this weekend. I cast on for a new Clapotis in a solid off-white, a pair of Rozza's socks from the latest Interweave knits and a baby blanket from Greetings from the Knit Cafe. Whew! I'm using very soft and squishy yarn for each of these projects - I thinkI'm going into a soft, comfy yarn stage . . .

This morning we're off to Camp Chingachgook at Lake George for an Easter Brunch - YUM!

And - would you believe that it's SNOWING this morning???? Should just be some snow showers before clearing up but it is COLD - I WANT SPRING!!!

5 comments:

knittingknirvana said...

You have great restraint to do "right" by your wheel. :) I am amazed how strainght your daughter's stitches are. Even with color changes! My husband looked out the window this morning and said we had snow. I thought he was kidding!! :)

Anonymous said...

Those socks are oh-so-lovely. What yarn did you use?

Unknown said...

Nora, I used some leftover sock yarn I bought last year from HipKnits and the black, light and medium gray are the leftover Knitpicks yarn from my hubby's hat. I ran a strand of Rowan Kidsilk haze along with the yarns to add a little luxury and softness!

Anonymous said...

The socks look so warm and fuzzy. You can laugh at the snow while you're wearing those. :)

Wow...you've cast on for three more projects AND your new wheel will be ready soon. You're going to be busy!

Holly Jo said...

Hooray for the new wheel! It must be so hard to wait, but it will be worth the work. Love the stain you chose.

Boo for the snow! We always have snow at Easter, but you guys are used to daffodils aren't you?