Sunday, October 21, 2007

Rhinebeck!!!

Another trip to Rhinebeck has come and gone. Sigh. My sister-in-law Tracey and I drove down yesterday morning. The weather was terrific! The weather on Friday was very rainy and windy, so we weren't sure what the trip would bring, but it was beautiful. Warm and sunny all day with a light breeze. Lots of beautiful colors along the way too.

We were greeted upon arrival by this! These two horses were huge!


We spent time going through the vendor sites first - who could resist? I only purchased roving the entire day - do you believe it?? I've really been enjoying spinning and the range of roving available was wonderful.

We had to take Tracey's picture with some sheep. She kept threatening my brother that she was going to bring one home!

And of course, who can resist such cute llamas?


YES! I spotted the Yarn Harlot and just had to snap her picture! I'm sure Tracey thought I was a little bit nuts, but I had to do it!


One more sheep!

We had a great day. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. I bought roving, Tracey bought yarn, we had some delicious food and we saw some great animals! Plus, just being with so many fiber lovers in general was terrific! There were some beautiful knitted garments being displayed and compliments were flowing left and right! I'll post pictures of my haul and give a SockWars update later in the week.

Oh yes, I had to post a picture of Mark's new (old) boat. He just finished the varnish job. And be forewarned - the Head of the Fish Regatta is being held next weekend. Remember the Fish Head from last year???


4 comments:

Linda said...

That looks like such a great day and I would have taken a photo of the yarn harlot too!

Holly Jo said...

It looks like it was beautiful and can I type it aloud - not too crowded? Seems like there was space to breathe and enjoy the sites.

Glad you had fun!

Jknits said...

What great pictures - it looks like you had a fabulous day. I wondered if you were going to go again this year. I'm glad you had good weather for the trip.

smilnsigh said...

Knowing Tracey, it's a real wonder she didn't come home with a sheep. ,-) I bet the only thing that stopped her, was the fact that you couldn't share a car ride with one! You'd have been sneezing all the way home! And you were driving! ,-)

Please point out which one is the "Yarn Harlot"? I love that "name"!

Mari-Nanci