About Me

My photo

I live in beautiful Saratoga Springs, NY.  I have a husband who is a masters rower and a daughter obsessed with all things Japanese.  I'm a knitter and a spinner!  When I spin too much yarn I list it on my Etsy shop www.saratogaspinning.etsy.com.
My husband is also a master metalsmith and creates wonderful wrought iron wine racks displayed at www.oldworldwinerackdesigns.com.

I am a volunteer for the AFS student exchange program.  http://www.afs.org/
 
I'm saratogaknitting on Ravelry, llenz5743 Twitter and Lisa Lenz Lessard on Facebook and llenz57843 on Pinterest!  Come say hello!

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

New Projects

My roving is all plyed, washed, and ready to go. I love the colors although I'll be happy to move on to some of my Spunky Eclectic roving in bright spring colors!

I cast on for a pair of socks with this. I'm knitting on size 3 needles and the fabric is very firm. The Rowing Cat commented that "they look big" but I showed her that the fabric is not stretchy and fits my foot perfectly as is. The question will be if I have enough yarn to complete a pair of socks. I should say that I have enough yarn, it's just that the first half of the roving spun up at worsted weight and the second half spun up at sport weight. I keep reminding myself that it's a learning experience! I may knit this sock to the cuff and then cast on the second and work to the cuff to see if I have enough of the sport weight to complete both. If not, I'll just knit the cuffs in the worsted weight - why not??

I have cast on for some new projects - how can I resist? This is the sweater from the new Interweave Knits. I really like it. It looks so comfortable. The Cascade 220 is working up beautifully and the stitch pattern is easy enough but still interesting. I decided to start on the sleeves first this time so any glitches won't show up in the main body. I've never done a sweater this way before - we'll see!

And just for fun I started this crochet scarf from Interweave Crochet. (Is there a pattern here? Can you guess my favorite magazine??) It's a very interesting pattern, but easy to do once you've completed the first repeat. Besides, the Rowing Cat is very impressed with this!

4 comments:

Holly Jo said...

Oh WOW! Socks!! The yarn looks great. You are right - learning experience. I am impressed you took the plunge and said, "I am going to make socks." I think the knitting the foot with one weight yarn then the cuff with the other weight idea is a good one.

KnittingKnirvana said...

That scarf looks unbelievably complicated!

I love the socks. I think it is a good idea to swap out your yarn for the cuffs of the socks. I will have to remember that in case I am ever running short!

catsmum said...

oh how gorgeous

catsmum said...

me again
was going to say:
I have that scarf bookmarked too but I think my absolute favourite from that issue is the top that is a combo of knitting and crochet. Can't remember the name of the pattern offhand but it's shown in a beigeish colourway in the mag. I seriously lurve that pattern ;]